*photos by kate zimmerman
The result was so different and delicious, Adam ordered one too, and Kelly promised that the rum-spiked version was definitely worth trying out post-pregnancy as well. I fully intend to mix up a batch by the pool this summer, so luckily I snagged the recipe to share with you guys, too. And um, how amazing would it be to serve a carrot juice libation for Easter brunch or cocktail hour? The flavors are so bright and spring-y, and guests will swoon over the vivid orange color and clever nod to Easter bunny’s favorite food (or drink.) Keep reading for the recipe!
- 1 1/2 oz. coconut Rum
- 1/2 oz. silver rum
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed carrot juice (or Odwalla Carrot Juice)
- 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 oz. simple syrup (I used agave syrup)
- 2 coins of Peeled ginger (about the size of a nickel)
- Muddle ginger in the bottom of a cocktail shaker mixing glass.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake hard with ice.
- Double strain ( to remove ginger) into a high ball glass over fresh ice and garnish with carrot greens, lime zest, or carrot ribbons.
for the non-alcoholic version: Replace the rum with 1 1/2 oz. lemonade and 1/2 oz. Coco Lopez coconut milk. Top off with 3/4 oz. soda water.
Share this Post