See more from Carrie Waller’s Two-Person Thanksgiving here.
Classic Fruit Crumble
5 cups sliced peaches (or whichever fruit you choose—our favorite is peaches, so we overlook seasonal constraints!)
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Lay the sliced fruit in an even layer along the bottom of a shallow greased baking dish.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cinnamon in a bowl, and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Add the sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg to another bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir the beaten egg into the mixture to create coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches in the dish.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the dish, and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes, or until bubbly and a golden crust has formed.
- Serve warm with ice cream.