At our hotel-themed girls’ night in, Camille put a fresh spin on this protein-packed room service staple by swapping Romaine lettuce for Bibb, and replacing cheese and a heavy vinaigrette with a lighter homemade pesto dressing. So delicious, and we always love a dish that can be served at room temp.
- 1 romaine heart, leaves pulled apart
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, halved
- ½ rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from bones and torn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup store-bought pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- On a large serving platter, place a bed of the romaine leaves. In sections over the top, arrange the eggs, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion.
- Scatter bacon over the top, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small jar, add the pesto, olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Shake it up, then drizzle all over the salad.
- Let everyone help themselves and build their own cobb salads!