Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies, but until now, I’ve always dreaded the process of chopping a full head into florets. It takes a long time, requires a big ole cutting board, and seems wasteful of the cauliflower stalk and leaves. Not only is today’s recipe such an easy and delicious one — ’cause when is tahini not? — but to make it, I focused on cutting the cauli head into “steaks.”
Mark my words: my floretting days are over, and I have a feeling yours will be too.
Look no further than this Turmeric Tahini Roasted Cauliflower for your next dinner party side. I promise, your guests won’t think twice about eating that flavorful stalk!
What do we love about this recipe? The earthy flavor of tahini (always), balanced by sweet pitted dates and refreshing herbs. That vibrant golden color comes from the turmeric, which is scientifically proven to be anti inflammatory and an antioxidant. Super simple, yet extremely healthy! And cutting the cauliflower in this way makes it easier than ever to serve out portions to guests.
1 head of cauliflower, washed
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp honey
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt and pepper
A few pitted dates, chopped
Slivered almonds, lightly toasted in a pan
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower in half, from top to bottom through the center of the stalk. Cut each half in half again, and then again, until you have eight steak like wedges of cauliflower. Keep all leaves attached, and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Whisk tahini with 1 tablespoon hot water, then mix with honey, turmeric, and olive oil. Pour mixture over the cauliflower steaks, spreading and flipping the cauliflower until evenly coated. Top with salt and pepper.
- Roast 10 minutes. Remove cauliflower from the oven and add dates. Then roast for 10-15 more minutes.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with scallions, cilantro, and almonds. Serve warm.