- 1 dozen eggs, beaten with a splash of milk
- 2 cups fingerling potatoes, chopped into 1/2 in cubes
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, chopped
- 6-10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4lb ground sausage (we love the venison breakfast sausage from Dai Due) or 4 slices bacon, rough chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup basil, torn by hand
- Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- A few good handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- A few handfuls of baby arugula
- One squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat eggs and add milk.
- Heat a cast iron or non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add butter or olive oil, followed by the onion and potato. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until onion is transparent. Add sausage or bacon and cook until browned, 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and green onion. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach and basil and cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour eggs over vegetable and sausage mixture and mix lightly to combine. If using cheese, sprinkle over top and mix just enough to get the cheese below the surface of the egg mixture. Continue to cook on the stove for 2-3 more minutes until eggs are slightly set.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until throughly browned on top.
- Remove from oven and mix arugula, lemon, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut frittata into six pieces, plate and top with a handful of the arugula salad. Crack some additional fresh pepper over top and enjoy!
Share this Post