Sufganiyot are iconic for Chanukah. Kenden from Jewish Food Hero wanted to make a version that’s better for you than the traditional deep-fried ones. These easy baked doughnuts avoid all the traditional mess of deep-frying, but are just as delicious. Glistening with strawberry glaze, these doughnuts will delight you and your guests.
For more simple plant-based recipes for your holiday meals, check out the Jewish Food Hero Cookbook!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (or GF all purpose baking flour)
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or almond milk or soy milk)
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp all natural vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-fruit strawberry jam
- Preheat the over to 350 F
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut milk, the safflower oil, applesauce, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture an mix quickly.
- Spray a donut pan lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Fill each donut cavity until 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the donuts spring to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the donuts bake, warm the strawberry jam in a small saucepan for a few minutes.
- Glaze the donut tops with the jam just before serving, and serve warm.
Share this Post