photographed by chanel dror
These are the perfect snack because they look and feel like a cookie… but it’s a healthy apple slice in disguise! Perfect for satisfying those afternoon cravings for something naughty without the guilt. We slathered on peanut butter “frosting,” then let everyone choose their favorite toppings.
- 2 large sweet apples (red delicious, honey crisp, gala, etc.)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice
- Toppings (choose any): cranberries, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, chopped dates, almonds, etc.
- Slice the apples crosswise into thin circles, discarding both ends and removing visible seeds.
- Top each slice with a couple teaspoons of nut butter, using a knife to spread evenly.
- Set out toppings and let everyone DIY their own apple cookie!
Share this Post