- 4 lb pork loin
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 leaves fresh sage
- 6 medium to large new potatoes, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 big pinches of salt
- 3 big pinches black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a dry marinade this way: finely chop the rosemary and garlic together, then add the salt and pepper and mix together.
- Pour the dry marinade onto a cutting board and roll the fillet onto it so that the seasoning sticks. Dry marinade is much stronger than liquid marinade and takes less time to confer flavor on the meat.
- Lay the pork in the center of a roasting pan, and surround with potatoes. Drizzle all over with olive oil, and top the potatoes with fresh sage leaves.
- Roast the pork and the potatoes until an instant read thermometer inserted into the pork reads about 145 degrees Fahrenheit (about 45 minutes)
Share this Post
OMG …Totally love the WHOLE Tuscany thing with recipes, sight seeing, clothes, but I Perfume for $250?
I am having a difficult time believing a 4 lb roast will be done in 45 minutes. I have a less than 2 lb roast in the oven now and at 1 hour is not done. Potatoes however, are done.
Hi Penny! I retested this recipe last weekend, and at 1 hour, my 4 pound pork loin was quite overdone. Are you using the same cut of meat (loin) and not a different cut of pork? And is it boneless?
Look fantastic. I love the idea of sharing prep with friends. So many people ask for recipes, but sometimes it’s easier to show them how to make something.
Could I use a port tenderloin for this recipe?