This is a sponsored blog post written in partnership with Barilla®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I would argue that pasta is the most universally loved food. Just think about it: do you know anyone who isn’t a fan? Well just when we thought we had pasta perfected, our friends at Barilla have found a way to make it even better, and easier to enjoy on the go. Barilla Ready Pasta is a line of all natural, fully cooked pasta that’s ready to eat in just 60 seconds, and most importantly, it’s seriously delicious. We loved getting our hands on their gemelli and whipping up this simple-yet-satisfying recipe for two. The entire process took 10 minutes tops, which means we’ve officially found our lunchtime solution for the most hectic of workdays.
photography by Hannah Haston
While I’ve been using it for quick and easy work lunches, Camille’s been loving Ready Pasta as a simple and delicious meal or snack for her kids. Tossed with just one or two other simple ingredients, it’s a total back-to-school lifesaver!
What I love most about it is that when you take the stress of cooking perfectly al dente pasta out of the equation, you have time to focus on the rest of your dish’s ingredients. Here, grated parmesan and freshly snipped basil added flavor that takes us back to Italy. No pasta dish is complete without fresh herbs!
- 1 pouch Barilla® Ready Pasta Gemelli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 lb turkey sausage, casings discarded and sausage crumbled
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small florets and stem finely chopped
- 14 oz can whole tomatoes in puree
- ¼ cup basil, leaves torn
- ¼ cup grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high for about 30 seconds. Add sausage, breaking up with a spoon, and brown for a couple minutes.
- Add broccoli to pan and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, breaking up with spoon, and simmer for a couple minutes.
- Knead Barilla Ready Pasta Gemelli pouch, then add to pan until heated through, then add olive oil and parmesan, and toss everything together to combine.
- Top with basil, more parmesan, a drizzle of oil, and salt and pepper.
Share this Post
I love using turkey as a protein! Can’t wait to try this. Going to save on Pinterest! Atowle|https://formationvacations.com/
OMG! The Heaven is here…Looking so good 🙂
This looks so delicious & easy! Definitely trying next week 🙂 – broccoli & sausage are my favorite pasta combo!
Michelle & Watson
Hey I use to love the Barilla pasta that you heat in the bag also. They seem to no longer have them on the store shelves so I can no longer buy them.
I use to make them up in all kinds of different ways. One day I’d use pasta sauce. The next day I’d include olive oil, olives and mushrooms, topped with grated cheese.
Has anyone tried this reheated?