How are everyone’s weeks so far? It’s one of those Tuesdays that kind of feels like a Thursday because so much has already been crammed into the last two days… but I guess that means it’s been productive, right? However if you are already looking towards this weekend’s plans, this grilled corn salsa should definitely factor into any pool parties or backyard barbecues you might have on the agenda. After numerous requests to share the recipe for this yumminess that made an appearance at Phoebe’s birthday party on the blog last week, thought it was time to spill the details. This salsa couldn’t be simpler, and you’ve gotta use up all that candy-sweet late summer corn somehow, right? We served ours with homemade corn tortilla chips (just cut tortillas into strips, spray with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, and pop into a 400 degree oven until golden brown!) but this would also be really good tossed with arugula for a fresh summer salad. Keep reading for the recipe!
Grilled Corn Salsa
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, husks removed
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño
- 2 limes, juiced
- kosher salt, to taste
- Brush the corn with olive oil. Place on a hot grill until slightly charred, turning frequently.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peppers, onion, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice and cilantro. Give it a good sprinkle of salt, then toss to combine. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping!
Share this Post