Here in Austin, we’re in major ACL Festival mode — we caught some amazing shows last weekend, and we’re gearing up for Weekend 2 starting this Friday! This year’s schedule includes an incredible lineup of bands, both big name and up-and-comers, and I’m super excited to be teaming up with SkinnyPop to giveaway two 3-day passes to one lucky reader. Keep reading to find out how to enter (we’re making it super easy for you), as well as get the deets on everything I’ll be packing in my festival backpack this year.
I’ve been attending ACL for a long time, and I’ve learned a thing or two about how to pack right for it. There are a few non-negotiables that should be in every festival bag to ensure safety, fun, and all-around good vibes. Here’s what I won’t leave home without this year:
1. Wide-brimmed hat. Stay shielded from the sun with a hat like this one from Goorin Brothers.
2. Rain jacket. Since the show must go on even in the rain, I carry a lightweight raincoat in my bag just in case.
3. SkinnyPop popcorn. You’ve got to have some snacks, and unlike most ready-to-eat snack foods, SkinnyPop is free of GMOs, artificial ingredients, and all major allergens including peanuts, tree nuts, dairy and soy. Avoiding greasy foods during the festival is key to keeping your energy up so you can power through to the last set of the night!
4. Lip balm. Since applying lipstick in the portable toilets is usually the last thing on my mind, I pack a moisturizing lip balm that I can swipe on sans mirror.
5. Water bottle. Thankfully there are convenient water refilling stations throughout the park so I can tote my water bottle and stay hydrated all day.
6. Sunnies. If there’s ever a time to bring your best shades, this is it.
7. The backpack. A backpack is essential if you’re planning to be in the field all day. Swapping out my purse for a utilitarian canvas bag allows me to enjoy the shows hands-free.
8. Band-Aids. Blisters: the struggle is real. These Band-Aids are so cute they practically count as a fashionable accessory.
9. Blanket. Once I’ve hit up the amazing food vendors, the only thing left to do is find a perfect spot to lay down a blanket to lay back and enjoy the music with friends.
10. Phone charger. That moment when you’re Instagramming your favorite artist’s set and your phone dies! It’s why God created chargers and portable batteries.
11. Hand sanitizer. After hitting up the Chi’Lantro BBQ station, I’ll be glad I packed these pocket-size wipes.
12. Sunscreen. There’s no such thing as too much sunscreen when it comes to an entire day spent in the field.
13. Camera. Nothing can compete with this Instax Mini for looking cute while capturing the most unforgettable festival moments.
Now for the giveaway! One lucky reader will win a pair of 3-day passes to Weekend 2 (October 9 – 11)!
To enter, all you have to do is:
- Follow SkinnyPop on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Leave a comment on this post with the number one essential item you’d take with you to the festival.
That’s it! Contest ends at midnight on Wednesday, October 7, and winner will be notified via email. Must be available to pickup tickets in Austin.
And for all of you attending ACL, be on the lookout for SkinnyPop‘s free pedicab rides around the festival grounds! Festivalgoers can get a lift from one end of the festival to the next and receive a complimentary bag of SkinnyPop to help fuel them through the long days.
*photos: Kristen Kilpatrick
Share this Post