Claire Craig is one of our ultimate girl-about-Austin crushes. Not only is she the owner of one of our favorite local boutiques, but she’s got a sense of humor and a cool girl je ne sais quoi that just makes you wanna hang out with her. And as if that wasn’t enough, she’s also mom to one of the most striking fur-babies we’ve ever seen… named Aqua Girl (yes you read that right). Scroll down for a glimpse at Claire’s killer style, and an intro to her sweet pooch.
Your name: Claire Craig, Owner of Beehive
Your dog’s name, breed and age: Aqua Girl, Greyhound, 3 years
- How did Aqua Girl come into your life? We found her through Austin Greyhound Adoption. They are a non-profit organization that finds retired racing greyhounds their forever home.
- What’s your favorite thing about her? Her ever growing personality. When she came from the track, she wasn’t accustomed to being a pet. We have been able to see her blossom more and more every day. We have now had her over a year and she gives us so much love and affection.
- Your favorite thing to do together: I love taking her on walks that lets us explore the city. Major bonus points if we find some water so she can splash herself.
- What’s the funniest thing Aqua Girl dog does? Definitely the greyhound smile. Google it! She won’t do it all of the time, but when she gets really excited she can’t stop and it’s the silliest thing you’ve ever seen.
- And the naughtiest thing she’s ever done? Ripped every single sheepskin in our house.
- If your dog was a person, living or dead, who would she be and why? She is really majestic and elegant like Uma Thurman, but is also a bit awkward and comical like Rachel Dratch.