puff pastry crust:
- flour for the work surface
- 8-ounce sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8 ounces bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pound fresh sweet cherries, such as Bing, pitted and halved
- 1 tablespoon seedless cherry or raspberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 375° F. On a lightly floured surface, unfold the sheet of pastry and roll it into a 10-by-12-inch rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using the tip of a knife, score a 1-inch border around the pastry without cutting all the way through. Brush the border with the egg and sprinkle with the granulated sugar. Bake until golden and puffed, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Using the tip of a knife, score the border of the cooked pastry again, but without cutting all the way through. Gently press down on the center of the pastry sheet to flatten it. Let cool to room temperature, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the container of the Vitamix, blend cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. While the machine is running, gradually add cream, and blend until soft peaks form. Spread mixture in cooled puff pastry. Scatter cherries on top.
- In a small saucepan, combine jam, almond extract and 1 teaspoon water; heat over low until liquefied, about 2 minutes. Using a pastry brush, dab cherries with glaze.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds. Refrigerate tart at least 30 minutes or, covered, up to 1 day.
Share this Post