- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably, dutch processed or "dark")
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream, plus more cream for topping mousse
- berries for garnish
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Stir and let soften for 1 minute. Add boiling water and stir until gelatine is completely dissolved and mixture looks clear.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, stir together sugar and cocoa. Add heavy cream and vanilla, then beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Add gelatin mixture to cream, then beat until well blended. Spoon into ramekins or teacups and chill for at least an hour, or overnight.
- To serve, top with additional whipped cream and berries.