*editor’s note: While Camille is taking some time to enjoy her new bundle, we’ve invited a few of our favorite foodies to stop by and share their most loved seasonal recipes. We’ve still got Kate’s Spring Potato Pizza on our minds, and thought we’d lighten things up a bit with today’s perfectly summery salad, brought to us by the wildly talented Jeanine of Love & Lemons…
I love kale salads and I love watermelon – so I especially love them combined into this summery salad! Light and refreshing (not to mention perfect for bikini season!), it’s packed with handfuls of curly kale and some of my favorite crispy vegetables – sliced fennel, cucumbers, and crunchy radishes. Creamy avocado and crumbled feta cheese balance out all the veggies, making it a filling and delicious lunch.
- one small bunch of curly kale
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 small fennel bulb or 1 small-medium cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 3 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and cubed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the coarse stems of the kale and tear the curly leaves into small pieces. Place them in a large bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon and white wine vinegar. Use your hands to massage the kale leaves until they’re soft and tender. They should shrink down to about half the amount that you started with.
- Add the sliced fennel, radishes, scallions, avocado, feta and toss. Add the watermelon and toss again. Taste, and add more salt, pepper, lemon and/or olive oil as you like.
Share this Post