As we say goodbye (and good riddance!) to the long winter, I’m probably not the only one who’s thinking about getting a little healthier for
swimsuit season spring. I’ve got to admit that a crazy schedule last month (blame it on SXSW) caused me to neglect my workout routine and consume a few too many breakfast tacos. So, in the spirit of fresh starts, our team has deemed it the perfect time to invite y’all to join us for the first ever #CamilleStylesCleanse, kicking off next week on April 4th! Before anyone gets nervous, let’s get a couple things out of the way: First, unlike a juice cleanse, this one is not about deprivation, it’s about nourishing your body with good-for-you ingredients that will make you feel energized and generally awesome. Second, you won’t have to spend lots of time preparing complicated meals. We’ve kept things simple and delicious, and to give you maximum bang-for-your-buck, I’m providing tons of ideas on how to use your leftovers to make meals stretch a little further. So without further ado, I’ve laid out the “rules” for our 7-day cleanse below — then click through the slides for your week’s worth of recipes.
- Processed foods, refined sugar, and gluten are out.
- Dairy, meat, and seafood can be consumed moderately.
- Vegetables, in-season fruits, nuts, seeds, healthy grains, and avocados to be consumed in abundance.
- Have 1 cup of coffee in the morning if you’d like — max.
- Enjoy up to 3 glasses of wine spread throughout the week. But not on the same night.
- Practice the Japanese tradition of hara hachi bu, meaning: Eat until you are 80 percent full. This will involve making a conscious effort to eat slowly, put your fork down between bites and check-in with yourself to see if you’re still hungry.
Remember, a cleanse is a commitment to yourself alone, so it’s up to you how closely you stick to these rules… though I guarantee you’ll feel better and more energetic if you just get on board and do them! Who knows, you might love this new lighter feeling so much that you decide to incorporate a few of the healthy habits into your diet for the long haul. Since it’s proven that our communities can be a major influence (good or bad) on our eating choices, I’m pumped to devote a week to eating healthfully and trying out some delicious new recipes together.
Click through the slides for your 7-day menu, then leave a comment below and let me know what questions you have about the program! This Friday, I’ll be writing a dedicated FAQ post to answer everything y’all might be curious or confused about so we’re all ready to kick it off together next Monday. Let’s do this!
breakfast: Cocoa Green Smoothie
snack: Sliced Apple with Almond Butter
dinner: Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
bedtime: herbal tea