- 4 heads of Romaine
- 2 large anchovies
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 lemon (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl mash the anchovies using 2 forks until the anchovies are a paste.
- Microplane the garlic into the bowl, add mustard, lemon juice, oil and half of the cheese. Whisk with the fork until well combined, set aside.
- Heat the grill, cut the Romaine lengthwise, and place in a large bowl of water, let the Romaine soak for 10 minutes.
- Place the Romaine on the grill cut side down for about 5 minutes until lettuce is charred.
- Pull lettuce onto a platter drizzle with dressing and the remainder of the Parmesan cheese, and serve warm.