- 1 de-boned chicken
- 1 twig of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup juniper berries
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 5 leaves of fresh sage
- 1/4 cup oven baked black olives
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Gabbiano extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- In a stone mortar, add all the ingredients, lightly chopped with a sharp knife.
- Pour a little part of the olive oil and start mashing all the ingredients, until you obtain a creamy "pesto" sauce. Then keep it on the side.
- Place the chicken in a large plate and add salt and pepper.
- In a large no-stick pan, pour some extra virgin olive oil, and place the chicken skin down into the pan.
- Put the pan on the stove, start cooking slowly, and place a very heavy cast-iron pan or a real brick on top of the chicken.
- Make sure that the skin is becoming very crispy, then flip the meat over and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Flip the chicken over again and place the pan in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes. The chicken is ready when the leg has no liquid and the skin is very crisp.
- Cut the meat in pieces and dress them on a large plate with sauce.