- For brine:
- 4 c cold water
- 2 c hard apple cider
- ½ c maple syrup
- ¼ c kosher salt
- 4 pork chops—center cut or loin chops (bone-in or boneless)
- For fresh apple mostarda:
- 2 c hard apple cider, reduced to ¼ c in a small saucepan
- 1 apple, diced
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ c finely diced red onion
- 2 Tbs whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/3 c toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ c mixed herbs (I used Italian parsley, chives, and marjoram), coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs best-quality olive oil
- Combine brine ingredients in a 2 gallon sealable container and stir until salt dissolves.
- Place pork chops in the brine and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove from brine (discard brine), pat chops dry and rub lightly with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat until smoking. Grill chops about 5 minutes per side until cooked through. Set aside to rest and make mostarda.
- Combine all ingredients for mostarda in a small bowl and season to taste with salt.
- Serve chops topped with mostarda, hot or at room temperature.
Share this Post