Okay, so maybe I overuse the word “obsessed,” but this time I promise that I really truly mean it. I am officially, undeniably obsessed with Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. Yes, you need it in your life, and no, this is #notsponsored. In a nutshell, the spice blend is a mix of what you’d find on an Everything Bagel (garlic, onion, poppy and sesame seeds, sea salt.) Something about it is magical and instantly makes anything you put it on more delicious. A few of my favorite ways to use it? Sprinkled on hummus and dips, topping simple soups along with a swirl of sour cream, dressed up a baked sweet potato… suddenly I’m feeling like I need to devote an entire post to “29 Ways to Use Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.” Hmm… okay I’ll stop before I give away any more spoilers, but read on for the other ingredients that go into THIS Everything But the Bagel Salmon Salad that’s hearty enough for a genius weeknight dinner. And I’d love to hear in the comments if you’re equally as obsessed with the TJ’S Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. Welcome to the cult!
photos by Hannah Haston
This salad basically invented itself – it’s really just a combination of that bagel and lox combo that everyone loves. I’ve got to say that there aren’t any great bagel places in Austin (if there’s one I’ve missed, please tell me!!) so I do crave the flavors of a really great bagel spread. And these flavors totally satisfy it. Well, almost – except for the actual bagel part – but it definitely comes close.
Instead of tossing this salad together in a bowl (’cause – bagels and cream cheese, gross) I like to spread it all out on a shallow platter or cutting board and carefully tuck the salmon, cucumbers, onions, and radishes in between the arugula leaves for a pretty and unexpected presentation that still feels super casual.
A generous drizzle of olive oil and just one more big sprinkle of Everything seasoning and you’ve got my favorite ever salad for brunch, lunch, dinner….
Keep reading for the recipe!
- a couple handfuls of arugula
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 radishes, halved
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Everything-But-the-Bagel seasoning
- garnish: a few sprigs of dill, lime slices, olive oil
for the cream cheese dressing:
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon water, or more if you'd like to thin it
- 1 tablespoon dill, minced
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. On your serving platter, spread a big swoosh of dressing.
- Carefully place your arugula leaves around the platter on top of the dressing, then artfully tuck in the cucumber, radishes, salmon, and red onion. Place the avocado slices together on one side of the salad.
- Liberally season the salad with Everything-But-the-Bagel Seasoning, garnish with lime slices, fresh dill, and a drizzle of olive oil, and dig in!
Share this Post
This spicier version of the seed mix is also so good and I love the extra kick of the red pepper:
The Jew in me is SO THANKFUL you turned this into a salad! Genius. I too am obsessed with this seasoning, excited to try it this way!
Michelle & Watson
Love the idea of sprinkling this on a salad! I’ve heard so much about Trader Joe’s bagel seasoning. I must try!