Click here to continue reading Catherine Stiles’ Bloody Mary Brunch!
“Easy Cole Slaw that goes great with barbecue. A nice lemon flavor to cleanse the palette.” – Catherine Stiles
- 5 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 5 cups white cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup scallions diced
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs local honey
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- zest from one lemon, grated
- 2 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add all the slaw ingredients to the bowl and toss well to combine.
- Let set for 20 minutes to marinate at room temperature.
Share this Post
This is delicious! I used red onion instead of spring. And I used a whole lemon in the doubled dressing recipe. Mixed it all in my Vitamix! Brava! Thanks for sharing your recipe Camille. Tanya Dunn, North Bay, Canada
Delicious! This coleslaw gets made once a week. My personal tweaks: eliminate the lemon zest (it can be bitter, the honey is increased by 1.5 tsp, and a bit more pepper. Sometimes I add a 1/8 of cayenne pepper. It’s a “clean” food that keeps in the fridge for about 6 days. Thank you Camille!!!