Read the full interview with Tiffani Thiessen here!
6 bacon slices
4 fresh live Maine lobsters (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
6 tbsp (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 to 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons), plus more to taste
1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 large butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
3 Roma (plum) tomatoes, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top/
- Arrange the bacon on the rack in a single layer. Cook the bacon in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes, until crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop and set aside.
- Insert a steamer basket into a large steamer pot. Fill the pot with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice water. Carefully add the lobsters to the steamer, piling them on top of one another. Cover and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for about 12 minutes, until the lobsters are bright red-orange. Immediately transfer the lobsters to the ice bath to stop them from cooking. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once the lobsters are cool enough to handle, break off their tails, knuckles and claws. (YouTube can be your friend here!) Use a lobster cracker to crack the shells and extract the meat. You should have about 1.5 lbs of meat. Reserve the shells, legs, and carcasses for another use; I like to freeze mine to use for lobster bisque.
- Keep the lobster meat in whole pieces or chop it up for a more traditional look. In a large bowl, toss the lobster with the chopped bacon, melted butter, 2 tbsp of the lemon juice, and the tarragon. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice to taste.
- Top each lettuce leaf with 3 slices of tomato. Divide the lobster mixture among the lettuce wraps and sprinkle with tarragon before serving.
Share this Post