This is our spin on a recipe from vana masli estate in northern india. this heavenly retreat (that grows all of it’s own food on site!) opened our eyes to ayurveda, mindufullness, meditation and the traditional, spiritual practice of yoga.
- 1 cup cooked and cooled wheat berries (these need to be soaked overnight before cooking)
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced and either roasted or blanched; salted
- ¼ to 1/3 cup black currants
- 1 head of purple kale, cleaned and massaged
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves, cleaned
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted and salted
- Chop kale and spinach to liking.
- Add all dressing ingredients to jar with lid; shake until well combined.
- Add greens to salad bowl and top with cooked wheat berries, squash and greens.
- Toss with well shaken dressing just before serving (recipe below)
- Garnish with fresh mint and pine nuts.
- 1/3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 lime
- ½ lemon
- ½ shallot, diced
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper powder to taste
- Combine all ingredients and shake vigorously.