Read the full story: “Why You’ll Scream For Vegan Ice Cream”
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- 1 can (14 ounce) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup grated raw cacao butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
Drain and rinse the cashews and put them in a blender with the coconut milk, cacao butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and add more vanilla or sweetener, if desired.
With an ice cream maker:
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and prepare according to the manufacturer's instructions. Just before the ice cream is ready, add the raspberries. Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer-safe container, cover, and freeze until ready to serve. Let the ice cream thaw for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Without an ice cream maker:
Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe bowl, stir in the raspberries, and freeze for about three hours, mixing well every 30 minutes. Scoop into bowls, serve, and enjoy!
Share this Post