For the dressing:
- 1 cup strawberries
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flake sea salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- *Keep dressing in a jar with a tight fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to one week. Shake well before using.
For the salad:
- 6 cups baby greens (I used baby butter lettuce)
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
For the spiced nuts:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
For the garnish:
- Edible red flowers (I used fuchsia)
- In a blender, add the strawberries, lemon juice, honey and vegetable oil. Blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, add the butter, pecans, chipotle pepper and brown sugar. Stir to coat and cook until pecans are slightly toasted. Remove from heat to cool.
- Divide salad greens, halved strawberries and nuts between 4 plates. Drizzle Strawberry Lemonade Dressing over. Garnish with edible flowers.