- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup whole milk of almond milk, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup whole grain flour or 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- fresh fruit, preserves, butter, and powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place butter in a 9-inch skillet or pie plate and transfer the skillet to the oven until the butter is melted. Brush the sides of the skillet with the melted butter to keep batter from sticking.
- Add the eggs, milk, flour, salt, syrup and vanilla to a blender and blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour batter into the skillet with the melted butter and bake until puffed and set, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.