photographed by chanel dror
For me, an afternoon snack needs to be two things: crunchy and salty! I browsed Pinterest until I found my perfect healthy snack recipe to try — this one for rosemary and basil zucchini chips. I put my own twist on the recipe by using thyme instead of rosemary and basil, and also made some adjustments to the cook time based on my experience. You could pair these salty chips with a spicy aioli dip for a more indulgent snack, or enjoy them on their own as a light afternoon snack.
Continue reading the full story here!
- 5 medium zucchini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp thyme leaves
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/8” slices and place into a large bowl.
- Slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl while mixing the slices with your hand. Be careful not to overcoat any individual slices.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay out a single layer of slices. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper. (Be careful not to over-salt! The zucchini will shrink while baking, so a little salt goes a long way. You can always add more at the end if necessary.)
- Bake slices for 30 minutes on one side, then remove from oven and flip. Season the second side with thyme, pepper, and salt as well, then bake for 10 more minutes.
- Keep an eye on the slices, as some will bake faster than others depending on thickness. You may have to remove the thinner ones from the baking sheet right after the first 30 minutes.
Share this Post