“Salmon is one of my favorite fish to eat. As a Top 10 Superfood, it’s loaded with omega-3s (both in EPA and DHA form) that help fight inflammation, make your skin glow, improve cardiovascular health, and make you feel great.” – Purely Elizabeth
- 2 (6-oz) pieces salmon
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 1 lemon
- 2 large red bliss potatoes
- Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Artichoke Pistachio Pesto:
- ¼ cup unsalted pistachios
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (canned, rinsed and drained)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt and cleaned potatoes. Let potatoes cook for 20 minutes.
- When potatoes are done, drain water and let cool. Cut in quarters lengthwise and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Smash potatoes and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, place in bowl and toss with garlic, basil, 1 tbsp oil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Separately, combine pesto ingredients in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth, leaving some chunks for texture. Add sea salt to taste. Meanwhile, spoon 1 tbsp of the artichoke pistachio pesto on top of each piece of salmon, spreading evenly to coat.
- Coarsely grind the pistachios in a food processor.
- Sprinkle the pistachios over each piece of salmon.
- Bake salmon in the oven for 12–15 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon.