“When I was 15, I discovered the Cheesecake Factory with my best friends from camp. I can still taste that life-altering first bite of cookie dough cheesecake. I literally thought I had found dessert nirvana. God knows what was in that cheesecake that made it weigh a pound. I don’t think I want to know. Here’s a much lighter and healthier option, which is actually raw. The cashews provide a totally rich taste; you’ll be surprised how amazing a raw cheesecake can be.” – Elizabeth Stein
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- In a food processor, blend crust ingredients until a crumbly paste is formed (so it can stick together with your hands).
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of a pie dish and spoon crust mixture on top of the parchment paper.
- With your hand, press the mixture into the pie dish. In a high-speed blender, blend cashews, vanilla, lemon juice, coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
- Pour half the filling on top of crust. With the remaining half, continue to blend with raspberries and maple syrup, leaving a few raspberries to the side for decoration.
- Pour raspberry filling on top of cashew filling and place in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, remove the parchment paper and top with raspberries.