No one makes vegetables with a twist quite like Eden Grinshpan. We have been big fans of her approachable cooking style for years now and we’re obsessed with her new cookbook. But if there is one vegetable we’re always trying to innovate it’s the humble cauliflower and this dish has a deliciously modern and fresh flourish with garlic, tahini, chimichurri, and dill.
“This roasted cauliflower recipe is inspired by our Cauliflower Meze at DEZ,” Grinshpan tells me. “The only difference is that I put a garlicky tahini underneath, and I put the capers into the chimichurri. Then I finish it with fresh dill.”
Read on to make this recipe at home and be sure to tag us on social when you do!
Click here for more recipes and a behind-the-scenes look at how Eden entertains at her Brooklyn home.
This post was originally published on February 26, 2020, and has since been updated.
for the cauliflower:
1 head cauliflower
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
for the chimichurri:
1 cup cilantro
1 cup parsley
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons chopped preserved lemon (rind only)
1½ cups extra virgin olive oil
? cup white wine vinegar
½ cup rehydrated currants in water (soak the currants in hot water for 30 minutes, then strain them)
½ teaspoon kosher salt
for the tahini:
1 cup raw tahini
1 garlic, grated
1/2 lemon juiced
1/4 cup- 1/2 cup ice water
kosher salt to taste
fried capers (rinse and dry the capers, heat oil in a pot, and fry the capers until lightly golden and flowered)
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss with the olive oil and kosher salt. Roast in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes, until golden and toasted.
3. To prepare the sauce: In a blender, add cilantro, parsley, garlic, and preserved lemon. Blend and slowly add in the oil. When all mixed together, remove from the blender and stir in the currants and the vinegar.
4. Make the tahini sauce in a bowl, and then spread onto a serving plate or platter.
5. Place the roasted cauliflower over the tahini and drizzle over the chimichurri sauce. Sprinkle with the capers and garnish with the fresh dill.