- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 3 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3-4 heirloom carrots, roughly chopped into large sections
- 2 parsnips, cut into large pieces
- 1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- hot sauce, to taste
- himalayan salt / freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh herbs for garnish (thyme, rosemary)
- creme fraiche (1/2 teaspoon per serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a roasting pan, coat the vegetables (minus the onions and garlic) in olive oil. Then sprinkle to season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Roast the vegetables until tender and caramelized at edges, about 40-45 minutes.
- Quick sauté onion and garlic in a soup pot with olive oil until fragrant (just a minute or so).
- Purée the roasted vegetables in batches with the stock. Add onion and garlic as well. Then transfer the blend back to the soup pot.
- Season the soup with hot sauce to taste. Add a dollop of creme fraiche and fresh herbs as finishing touches.