- corn tortillas, served warm
- vegetable filling (below)
- chipotle mayonnaise (below)
- cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
Spread a layer of chipotle mayonnaise along the bottom of the tortilla. Top with vegetable filling, cilantro, cotija cheese, and a generous squeeze of lime. Serve with jalapeño on the side for guests wanting more of a kick.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two foil-lined baking sheets with vegetable oil cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Put the chickpeas on a clean kitchen towel or several paper towels and pat until mostly dry. In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas with a tablespoon olive oil and salt, then toss to coat. Spread evenly on one of the baking sheets and insert into the oven for about 55 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through.
- In the same bowl, combine the sweet potato with a tablespoon olive oil and salt, then toss to coat. Spread evenly onto the second baking sheet, and place in the oven on the same rack as the chickpeas. Cook these for about 30 minutes, checking halfway through.
- While the sweet potato and chickpeas are roasting, heat two tablespoons olive oil in a medium sized pan. Add the zucchini and a pinch of salt, and cook until slightly softened, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Once all the veggies are cooked and cooled, combine in a large mixing bowl to create your veggie filling.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or vegannaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 chiles (from a tin of Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce), finely chopped
In a bowl, whisk together chiles with the mayonnaise and sour cream. Cover and refrigerate until time to serve, at least 30 minutes.