*editor’s note: While Camille is taking some time to enjoy her new bundle, we’ve invited a few of our favorite foodies to stop by and share their most loved seasonal recipes. First at bat is our dear friend, photographer, and gardener extraordinaire, Kate LeSueur…
Potatoes are here (!!!), and their arrival is a big reason why I love this late spring/early summer season. While I realize we can easily buy potatoes any time of year, nothing is quite like a recently-harvested little new potato. Much like anything homegrown, there’s a sweetness and crispness that is unmatched, so keep an eye out for them at your local farmer’s market. My husband and I planted potatoes for the first time this year on Valentine’s Day (yes, sexy), so digging up these little babies has been a long time coming. I also recently saw this video and this recipe, which have been pretty game changing.
- pizza dough for two 12" pies. Make from scratch using this recipe or video, or find raw and ready-made dough at your grocer or local pizza spot.
- 3-4 new potatoes, red or yellow, sliced thinly.
- 1 big chunk (or two small) of taleggio cheese, roughly sliced
- 1 big chunk (or two small) of fontina, roughly sliced
- fresh marjoram
- fresh thyme
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 550, with your pizza stone (if you have) in there.
- Option to soak the potato slices in ice water to release the starch -- not an imperative step if you're in a hurry. Pat dry.
- When your dough is rolled out, and the pizza stone is nice and hot, place your dough on the stone and layer toppings -- potatoes, cheese, and herbs -- making sure to leave enough for the second pie.
- Pop in the oven and let cook for about 10-12 minutes -- whenever the cheese is bubbly and browned. Transfer to a cutting board and finish off with a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Repeat with your second pie, and enjoy with rosé, duh.
Share this Post
I think this would be great with some pancetta added!
This looks delicious. Some of my favorite things put all together! All you need is a colorful salad and you are ready to go, haha.
This looks so delicious. I want to go make it right now!
Made this the other night and it was delicious and sooo easy! Made a simple salad and Dinner was served in nothing flat!