This recipe is from our Girls’ Grilling Party… read the full story here!
- juice and zest of 2 large oranges
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak (or you could use flank or hanger)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed lettuces (I used a mixture of butter lettuce and baby greens)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved on the diagonal
- 1 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- chopped cilantro, basil, and mint for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, vinegar, honey, sriracha, ginger, and garlic. Slowly whisk in both oils.
- Place steak in a resealable plastic bag with half of dressing. Turn to coat, then place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour (but no more than 4 hours.) Set aside remaining dressing for salad.
- Remove steak from fridge 45 minutes before serving, and allow to come to room temp. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade, season liberally with salt and pepper, and grill over direct heat, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- While the steak is cooking, prepare the rest of the salad: On a large platter, arrange the lettuces, and toss with a little bit of the dressing. Then scatter the sugar snap peas, cucumber, and radishes over the top.
- Arrange the steak slices over the vegetables, then scatter with peanuts and herbs. Drizzle the remainder of the dressing over the salad. Eat!
Share this Post