This recipe is from our Girls’ Grilling Party… read the full story here!
- juice and zest of 2 large oranges
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak (or you could use flank or hanger)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed lettuces (I used a mixture of butter lettuce and baby greens)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved on the diagonal
- 1 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- chopped cilantro, basil, and mint for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, vinegar, honey, sriracha, ginger, and garlic. Slowly whisk in both oils.
- Place steak in a resealable plastic bag with half of dressing. Turn to coat, then place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour (but no more than 4 hours.) Set aside remaining dressing for salad.
- Remove steak from fridge 45 minutes before serving, and allow to come to room temp. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade, season liberally with salt and pepper, and grill over direct heat, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- While the steak is cooking, prepare the rest of the salad: On a large platter, arrange the lettuces, and toss with a little bit of the dressing. Then scatter the sugar snap peas, cucumber, and radishes over the top.
- Arrange the steak slices over the vegetables, then scatter with peanuts and herbs. Drizzle the remainder of the dressing over the salad. Eat!
Share this Post
Wow yummy this looks incerdtable!
I LOVED this salad. I made it this past weekend to take to a party to watch college football. Even the guys were scraping the bowl. Thank you!
So glad you loved!! 🙂 I’m always happy to find a salad that guys love as much as I do!!