Finally the weather has started to shift in NYC and it feels like we’re collectively taking a deep sigh. There’s nothing like those first few days when you no longer need AC to sleep and there’s finally a cooler breeze in the air. This is hands down my favorite time of the year.
Now that the summer heat has subsided, I’m starting to feel my oven again. I can appreciate baking and filling my house with those warming smells without worrying about overheating the house. This granola is the perfect transition treat filled with, not one, but three nutritious grains. Top with your favorite add-ins or whatever you have on hand, then store in an airtight container. Although this granola technically keeps for over a week, don’t be surprised if it disappears before then!
- 1 1/2 cup rolls oats
- 1 cup puffed millet
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup clover honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the first eight ingredients. Once mixed, add in all wet ingredients. Using your hands, mix together all ingredients to make sure everything is well-coated.
- Add to a baking sheet in one even layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, mix together granola with a spoon, then add back to oven for 5 minutes. Then set granola aside to cool.
- Your granola will stay good in an airtight container for about 10 days. Storing in the fridge will help with longevity.