As of TODAY, we’re accepting applications for a key freelance writer position on our team. Our new writer will work hand-in-hand with our editorial team to create original lifestyle content for search, and optimize existing content across the site.
Candidates must have experience writing digital lifestyle content, with an interest in design, food, wellness, and beauty. Knowledge of SEO best practices and attention-to-detail are also “musts”. This is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral role within a digital lifestyle publisher, with considerable room for future growth within the company. The candidate can be based anywhere in the U.S. Desired start date: as soon as possible.
Take a look at the job posting below, then email [email protected] with your resume and subject line: “Freelance Writer.” Scroll on to find out more about the role and the type of candidates we’re looking for.
Do you have great writing skills, experience with SEO, and know how to communicate in a witty, smart, relatable voice in the digital space? You may be just who we’re looking for to join our team.
This role includes writing new story assignments, refreshing relevant content for SEO and seasonality, and working closely with our editorial team. The right candidate will be an excellent self-starter and self-manager, as this role will provide the freedom to create your own schedule and hit deadlines. We’re looking for someone with a passion for lifestyle topics including food, design, wellness, and beauty, with a strong pulse on current and future trends.
Candidates may be located anywhere in the U.S., as work will be remote.
Key responsibilities include:
– Write engaging, high-quality search stories online, consistent with CS brand voice (8 – 10 new stories per month.)
– Optimize archival content for SEO (10 – 12 archival stories per month)
– This will be a freelance position paid on a monthly retainer.
– Experience writing for digital lifestyle media.
– Solid understanding of what makes a story relevant, optimized for SEO, and clicky while also being on-brand.
– Communicate the Camille Styles brand voice throughout all content.
– Insights and experience with SEO for digital media.
– Strong grammar and copy skills, as well as a passion for lifestyle topics like wellness, design, entertaining, and food.
– Firsthand experience with publishing in a CMS like WordPress.
– Ability to meet deadlines and provide self-guidance.
– A team player, with a resourceful can-do attitude, who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
Know someone who sounds perfect for this position? Pass it on! And if you think it could be you, please send resumes to [email protected] with the subject line: “Freelance Writer.”