The breakfast food that is everywhere but that’s still impossible to get tired of because it’s so darn delicious: avocado toast. There’s something about those flavors that come together to form the perfect bite, and I’ve been upgrading ours with a pure spicy kick of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Toasted bread — I prefer a seeded, grain-y variety
- Fried eggs
- Chopped cilantro
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- A squeeze of lime
- Toast the bread so that it’s sturdy enough to hold your toppings.
- Cook eggs to desired doneness — see our tips here for frying a perfect, sunny side up egg every time.
- Cut your avocado into slices and mash directly onto your toast, top with a fried egg and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.