Click here to read the full story, Entertaining with DeNai Jones! Photos by Daniele Rose Photography.
- 2 medium sized cumbers, or 6 small ones
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted and/or untoasted
- Peel or partially peel your cucumbers. Use a mandolin to thinly slice your cucumbers.
- Place thinly sliced cucumbers on a paper towel to soak up any excess moisture.
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar in a bowl and mix until dissolved.
- Place the dressing and sliced cucumbers in a bowl, toss, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Share this Post
I love how simple this is!
I made this last night but used zucchini noodles! Super simple, fast and delish 🙂
Add a crushed garlic clove for a bit stronger flavour and the entire thing will turn into perfection.
I added a tomato and a carrot to this salad. I used a knife to slice them. I used brown sugar instead of white and only half one tbsp. Salad came out great. Did not toast the sesame seeds.
Most versions of this recipe I’ve used include a few drops of sesame oil. Makes a huge difference in flavor.