- 8 eggs
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 shallots
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice shallots and add to a warm pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook on low heat until softened, constantly stirring, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile blanch asparagus spears by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil. Add spears and let cook until slightly tender about 3 minutes. Remove from water and transfer to an ice bath. Drain asparagus and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, adding milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to a greased 9" pan or skillet. Sprinkle in shredded cheese and shallots. Top with asparagus spears and parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool and serve immediately.
Share this Post