I’ve been loving cacao in my smoothies lately. Whether I’m tired or recovering from one too many glasses of wine the night before, it’s an instant pick me up when coffee (or matcha) aren’t doing the trick. So although this smoothie doesn’t have berries or kale in it, the cacao provides enough boosters to make up for it, while coconut milk, banana and hempseed give you the power to barrel through even the most hectic of mornings. It’s incredibly nourishing (especially on grey, Winter days) and just so happens to taste like a chocolate banana milkshake. Win/win?
- 2 medium bananas (frozen)
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons hempseeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2-2/3 cup purified water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optional
- coconut flakes, to top
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend on high until smooth & thick. Add as much or as little water as you'd like depending on your preference of consistency. If your bananas aren't frozen, you might want to add more ice cubes.
- Once blended, separate between two glasses and top with coconut flakes, hempseed & more cacao nibs.
*Feel free to sub in almond milk or your normal "milk substitute" in place of water + coconut milk.
Share this Post