As long as humans have been eating avocados, there has likely been guacamole. In its basic form, it is just mashed with a molcajete y tejolote (Mexican mortar and pestle). Simple is always key when it comes to the best guacamole recipe.
Shop The Latin American Cookbook below, then make this delicious guacamole recipe and be sure to let us know what you think!
Adapted/Reprinted from The Latin American Cookbook by Virgilio Martínez. © 2021 Phaidon Press
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red chile (such as serrano), chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- Place the avocado flesh in a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add the onion, chile, cilantro (coriander), and tomatoes,
and season with the lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Share this Post