This is one of those recipes that I wasn’t planning to post because, in all honesty, it’s more of an “idea” than a recipe. But so many of y’all asked for the deets when I posted it on Instagram (and I have made it like 5 times in the last 3 weeks, NBD) so, here it is in all its creamy, oozing, cheesy glory. Scroll on for the recipe (if you can call it that) and hop right over here for the original full party post from last year where I served it to celebrate the fact that the jasmine’s blooming in our backyard and the summer season is here!
By the way, you want your figs to be really ripe and sweet since they play such a starring role in this dish. Since figs have a short season, feel free to sub with cherries, peaches, or pears for equally delicious results. Enjoy!
- 1 ball fresh burrata (you can sub fresh mozzarella if you can't find burrata, but it'll be a little different)
- 1/2 cup pesto, store-bought or homemade (my cilantro pesto is really yummy and for this recipe I subbed mint)
- 8 fresh figs, halved
- ciabatta or any rustic french bread, sliced
- for finishing: flaky sea salt (like Maldon), fresh mint, and extra-virgin olive oil
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil, then toast under the broiler or on a grill until the edges are nice and charred.
- In a bowl, place the burrata and drizzle a little pesto over the top. Surround the burrata with halved figs, then place on a serving platter with the grilled bread, more figs, and additional pesto. Sprinkle salt, fresh mint leaves, and a drizzle of olive oil over everything.
- Serve and let everyone make their own burrata toasts.
Share this Post
I could easily eat anything with figs! They’re one of my top favorite foods but really don’t get talked about enough. I guess you have to have particular tastebuds to like them. I know my mom will love this appetizer, especially to make when guests are over, so I’ve just sent it to her! Thanks for the great recipe 🙂
Oh my goodness, this looks to die for! We love burrata…pesto…and figs. Aka perfect combination that we never thought to put together ourselves. Thank you!!