This delicious carrot quinoa salad was created as part of a fresh and modern Easter Sunday brunch. See the fully story here!
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch of baby kale or spinach
- 4 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon wedge
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 t honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and slice carrots into bite sized pieces. Dice onion and add to a baking sheet greased with olive oil, add carrots and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper, toss to combine. Bake until tender, or around 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil and let cook covered for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Remove carrots from the oven and add to a large bowl along with the quinoa and raisins.
- Once the mixture is cool, refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Add the greens and transfer to a bowl or plate to serve.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour over salad to taste and serve.