Check out the full story – a fermentation brunch with Hat Creek Provisions!
- 4 peaches, halved with pit removed
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sprigs of lemon thyme
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- lemon zest
- honey to taste
For Texas summer syrup:
- 2 cups blueberries and/or blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1/4 cup Hat Creek Provisions lemon, ginger, carrot brine
- Stir together goat cheese, honey, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Taste for balance between sweet of honey and tart of goat cheese.
- To make the Texas summer syrup: Combine berries and water in a small pan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Strain pulp out and return berries to the pan. Add sugar, vanilla bean, and brine. Return to simmer for another 10 minutes or until syrup thickens to desired consistency. Use extra syrup for waffles, yogurt, or ice cream!
- To make the griddled peaches: Bring a griddle to medium heat and add butter. Once the pan is hot, place peaches cut side down for 5 minutes. Flip to warm the bottom of the peach. Place two peaches on a plate and scoop the goat cheese mixture into the pit. Top with marcona almonds and the Texas summer syrup. Garnish with lemon thyme.
Share this Post