Finally: tomato season is in full swing! The farmer’s market is bursting with the most beautiful array of heirloom tomatoes and I want to use them on everything. Besides simple summer salads & no-cook sauces, toast is my favorite way to eat tomatoes this time of year. They don’t need much – just some garlic, olive oil & a sprinkle of flaky sea salt. For tomorrow’s breakfast (and even lunch and dinner when it’s too hot to turn on the oven) this toast is your new go-to.
- 4 thick slices bread, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3-4 medium sized heirloom tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons hempseeds
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Once bread is toasted & still warm, rub garlic clove over each slice.
- Layer heirloom tomatoes over each toast.
- Top each slice with hempseeds, flaky sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Drizzle over extra virgin olive oil before serving.
Share this Post