I am (and have always been) the biggest fan of toast. To me, it’s the most perfect and versatile blank canvas to satisfy hunger at any time of day. Whether topped with avocado, eggs or something a little sweeter – a piece of toast provides endless opportunities for experimentation.
On busy mornings, there’s no faster breakfast option than slathering something on a piece of bread, so why not give your simple toast a little revamp? This herbed goat cheese & radish tartine feels like a fancy and nourishing way to start the day, and it’s so much better than zapping a bowl of instant oatmeal.
- 4 slices gluten-free bread, toasted
- 1 raw garlic clove
- 3-ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, de-stemmed & minced
- 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, de-stemmed & minced
- 4-5 radishes, sliced thin (use mandolin or paring knife)*
- Micrograms, to top
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- When your bread is toasted & still warm, rub raw garlic clove evenly over each slice. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together goat cheese, lemon zest and fresh herbs until evenly combined. Spread herbed goat cheese evenly across each toast. Layer with sliced radish and top with microgreens. Season with flaky sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Serve immediately.
*Note: I used green meat & watermelon radishes, but feel free to use any radish variety you can find. They're all good!
Share this Post
YUM, hello brunch!
Gorgeous toasts! I’m a goat cheese girl, myself so this is something I can get on board with.