Honey Spice Cake
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs (for vegan, sub with flax egg or banana)
- 1 1/2 cups hot organic coffee
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Make a well in the center and add the oil, honey, sugars, eggs, coffee, and orange juice.
- Whisk until batter is thick. Bake for 55 minutes.
- 4 8-ounce cans of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
Whisk until smooth. Cover cake with spatula. Let drips fall down the sides. Halve figs and place on top. Cake stays super moist for 1-2 days, so it's perfect to bake the night before and top right before guests arrive.
Share this Post