My favorite fresh starter for a summertime meal on the patio! Scroll on for the simple and delicious recipe, and…
- 6 cups mixed lettuces (bibb, arugula, romaine, red leaf - anything goes!)
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandolin (or with a sharp knife)
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced on a mandolin (or with a sharp knife)
- handful of mixed fresh herbs (basil, mint, cilantro, flat leaf parsley, dill, etc.), chopped
- 1/2 cup blackberries (or whatever berries are in season)
- flaky sea salt (like Maldon) and freshly cracked black pepper
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Make the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a jar with a lid, and shake to combine.
- Use your hands to tear the lettuces into bite-sized pieces in your serving bowl. Layer on the fennel, radish, herbs and blackberries, then drizzle with vinaigrette. Use your hands to gently toss together, then season with lots of salt and pepper.