“This is a great snack to put out at the start of a casual gathering. A mix of nuts is candied with maple syrup and fall-friendly herbs, with delicious salty-sweet results. Be sure to make these at least 90 minutes ahead and let them cool before serving, so they become nicely crunchy.” — Eric Prum and Josh Williams
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups mixed nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds or whichever other nuts you like)
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped sage
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, maple syrup and cayenne pepper and stir. Add the mixed nuts and toss.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the nuts evenly. Bake for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly with the herbs, stirring to coat.
- Let the nuts cool for at least 1 hour, and then serve.
Share this Post