*editor’s note: A self -taught baker and the photographer behind her award-winning blog, Bakers Royale, Naomi Robinson has been sharing recipes for treats both sweet and savory, since 2010. She is also a contributor at Delish Dish, the Better Homes and Garden’s Blog, and The Kitchn. Naomi is joining us today to share a fresh and easy recipe that is already getting us in the mood for spring! From Naomi:
Growing up in Southern California, you quickly learn tacos are king around here. There are endless variations, fusions, mash-ups, and everything else in between. Today I’m skipping the tortilla for a more wholesome option: butter lettuce imparts a sweetness and works great for wrapping, though you can use just about any other lettuce you have on hand.
Now that we have the shell out of the way, let’s talk filling. I love chicken salad for it’s versatility and I gave this one a fun twist with Mediterranean flavors. Olives and parsley play well against the tanginess of the lemons. Chicken salad is so versatile that you can feel free to play around with the ratios and ingredients to suit your palate.
Serve these lettuce wraps with an extra lemon for squeezing. Enjoy!
*photos & recipe by Bakers Royale
- 2 cups (9 oz) cubed grilled chicken breast
- 1 cup (5 oz) sliced deli olives
- 1 cup (6 oz) diced cucumber, about 1 large
- 1/3 (1 1/2 oz) cup diced red onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 butter lettuce head
- Mix and combine all ingredients except the butter lettuce until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove a butter lettuce from the head. Fill center with mixture, pull edges together and tie with chive.
- Serve with watercress and lemon slice.
Share this Post